10 Signs That You Are An Empath
By Denise Roberge
I'm No two Empaths are exactly alike, but all have amazing gifts of compassion and intuition to share in powerful ways, once any challenges that may exist are first overcome. This list is not exhaustive but will help you determine if you may be an Empath.
10 Signs You Are An Empath
1. An empath has a deep sense of empathy, but also a constellation of profound characteristics that set them apart from “someone who is empathetic”.
2. An empath is highly intuitive. An empath has the ability to scan someone and know information about their current, former, or future experiences. The awareness of this gift evolves over time. Young empaths simply see themselves as “highly sensitive” or “really good with people”.
3. Empaths often either sense, feel or take on the energy, mood, or condition of the people around them. Mood and energy management techniques are a must for Empaths.
4. An empath knows another person’s true emotions despite any attempt the other person makes to hide them or lie about them. Empaths have an amazing B.S. detector! Phonies and hypocrites can’t fool an Empath unless the empath wants to be fooled….
5. Empaths have a great inner desire to help others, to make them feel at ease. Empaths are profoundly compassionate, considerate and understanding of others.
6. The empath’s gifts and sensitivities aren’t only with people close to them, but with complete strangers, animals, plants, and inanimate objects. Empathy isn’t bound by space or time thus the Empath will feel and react to situations or people from any distance, around the globe included.
What is the Significance of Your Life Path Number?
7. Many empaths intuitively learn to become highly observant and excellent readers of body language and eye movements.
8. In the case of those who grew up with trauma, violence, severe dysfunction, addiction, or mental illness, hypervigilance (a constant state of “high alert” from a feeling of impending danger) often leads a person to become overwhelmingly attentive in an effort to remain safe in frightening situations. Hypervigilance can become a hard-wired response, even when it is no longer needed. There are many holistic and therapeutic remedies available. If you are hypervigilant, thus in a state of anxiety most of the time, please seek professional help.
9. Empaths are drawn to healing professions, the medical field, and human/animal rights activism. They also rank highly in the expressive arts field such as poetry, music, art, singing, acting, and dancing.
10. Empaths often develop into professionals in the Alternative and Spiritual Arts such hypnotherapy, holistic, organic nutrition, psychic readers, energy and Reiki practitioners, holistic psychotherapists, animal communicators, caretakers, Social Workers, counselors, teachers and more.
Empaths’ sensitivities can lead to a wide variety of challenging experiences that divert them until they come to understand and accept their innate gifts.
The younger empaths today are becoming aware at earlier ages, which is so helpful to them and to the well-being of society and the world. Planet Earth needs all the gifted Empaths to come into service as soon as possible!
Rev. Denise M. Roberge is a lifelong Empath and spiritual intuitive. She is an ordained Metaphysical Minister who spent over 30 years in Social Work. Rev. Denise is a Spiritual Coach, teacher, intuitive reader, energy healer, medium/channel, writer and inspirational speaker. Part of her mission is to assist awakening Empaths and others overcome their blocks and find access to their extraordinary gifts! Contact Rev. Denise to set up an appointment in person or via telephone. Articles written by Denise were published with the author's explicit written permission.